Get all five of our Early China courses! Each is equivalent to a semester-length university course, so this is almost like doing a minor in Early China! Includes:
- ● Early China: History, Culture and Archeology: a comprehensive intro to the history and archeology of early China, through the second century CE. Readings in English with the original Chinese also provided.
- ● Intro to Classical Chinese: learn the basic grammar of Classical Chinese and get familiar with the language through 16 progressively more challenging authentic texts
- ● Intermediate Classical Chinese: take it further with another 16 more challenging (and very famous) readings, progressing in length until you're reading long passages and even full chapters
- ● Philosophy & Practice in Early China: an introduction to traditional Chinese thought, this course also has a twist—in addition to the well known philosophical texts like Laozi and The Analects, you'll also read recently unearthed philosophical texts! Readings in English with the original Chinese also provided.
- ● Intro to Premodern Chinese Literature: a survey of Chinese literature from the earliest poetry through the great novels of the Ming and Qing periods. Readings in English with the original Chinese also provided.
Each course includes 30-40+ hours of video lessons and Q&A sessions, plus extensive reading selections, photos of artifacts, and even video museum tours!
The courses are all self-paced and you get lifetime access, so you can go through them on your own schedule!